Monday, September 14, 2009

Breast Cancer Sore Shoulder

Ten small steps

Koan
a newbie, just entering the monastery, asked the master Chao-chou:
"Please explain to me what I should do to attain enlightenment."
"Have you eaten your soup? "
" Yes "
" Then, wash the bowl. "

1
" you'll be looking language. "
So I said to Claudio, the day after the meeting at which it had emerged the need for greater uniformity of the documents produced by networks, RMA and Running: projects, offers commercial, communications and so on.
"I'm not so interested in the look and feel" says Claudio, "rather than purely linguistic."
" Of course. "I say," Okay. "
- Why not? - I think.
" I do know how to proceed? "
" Yeah! " I say.

2
to homogenize the language of networks, RMA and Running.
Stir writing dozens of professionals who give heart and soul to three separate companies, each with its own field of activity, with their own specificities and differences. Each with its own history.
Yeah, right.

3
I realized early on that the solution to this puzzle could not relate to the discovery of a magic formula, the search for truth that fell from above put an end to every problem.
Even if I came to produce a set of procedural and substantive rules to be used in the preparation of the documents of the Group, even if I followed the methodology was impeccable, even though I had suddenly turned into Super De Saussure, simply tearing his shirt off in the process of networks, how could I turn to my colleagues and say, "Well, from now on then that is how must one write and woe to those who lock. I have done my own. "?
What hope of success would have had such an operation?
definitely was not what was asked of me.

4
I am one of Running, I. Running
And when the going gets tough, it's time to begin to think in metaphors.
I asked myself: the language of networks, what could it be?
The language is shared by a community, is given by the interaction of individuals that use it to communicate with each other.
The language is changed, evolved, enriched by the exchange, sharing and interaction.
Language is a collective. The language
lived, animated, is inhabited.
Language is a place.
Language is a territory.
The task I was given that he wanted to make changes to that landscape, that I did sponsor an operation of reclamation to create more harmony there where he felt the need.
To do this you would first be some knowledge and understanding of that territory. We must first explore it.

5
But first, I had to undo the fundamental, around the role that I should take this exploring expedition in the language of 3R (Networks, RMA, Running).
I could not make the trip all by myself, I did not have the capacity nor the courage, and if in the middle of the road had fallen into the quicksand, who would have pulled out?
No doubt, at least initially, it was for me the task of recruiting a significant number of adventurers and convince them of the goodness of the cause.
Besides, you know, the direction of travel is all in the way which you follow, not the goal is reached. And that journey had to be completed by the full band. Otherwise would not make sense to face it. Since all
recruiting goal was impossible, I should try to involve a significant part of the group mind. But to do what I was supposed to stimulate the spirit of discovery, I should make the trip interesting and useful, I should mention a treasure.
And there could be no obligation to join the expedition, so I'd be very convincing ...

6
I continued with the free association:
language
place
territory

discovery exploration journey

story
diary

7
is how I came to the decision to write down all the steps of my conceptual search path in the language of Networks: I left my pebbles on the path, so that those who had agreed to follow the reach me at any time, to continue the trip together, or just to get me out of the quicksand, if you were given the chance.

8
I decided that the language used to describe this exploration of language networks, had to be - at least as a first step - the one most congenial to me. It had to be intimate, literary and conversational at the same time, serious and facetious, a bit 'bumpy. It had to be the language reserved for myself, what I used in my diary. In this way I could make better sense in my steps, and perhaps be more convincing, more enjoyable, more accessible.
Obviously, this language would not have had anything to do with the group, but might have been able to tickle the spirit of discovery that is within each of us.
Perhaps with such an approach would have earned, from the outset, some traveling companion.
But that was not enough.

9
Beyond the more or less compelling narrative of my mental saw, I had to come up with concrete proposals.
I am one of Running, I.
And Running, when the going gets tough, it's time for analysis, strategy, action.

10
So, before you assume risky and costly (both in terms of time and energy expended) pathways of research and collective reflection, I think it is appropriate to carry out a preliminary survey of the territory, through :

a. the analysis of popular opinion within the Group on the issue of language, using questionnaires sent by the formula one to one e-mail;
b. analysis of the language of the 3Rs as it appears today, through the study of materials produced individually in an attempt to obtain by comparing some food for thought.

In each step of this journey, I will try to involve everyone was encouraged to contribute to research through: a.

The web publication of all the materials collected or arising in the course of research;
b. creating a public space for comment and reflection on the meaning and progress of research;
c. sending periodic questionnaires written - on a strictly voluntary basis - which comply with the strictest rules anti-spam and privacy;
d. request regular one to one meetings lasting up to 30 minutes;
e. Another

For the moment I would say this is all I can do is hope for some comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment